Disney Interactive Unveils New Figures and Toys for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition at D23 Expo 2015
Today at the D23 Expo 2015, Disney Interactive gave Disney and Disney Infinity fans several new reasons to be excited for the release of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the latest installment of the best-selling “toys-to-life” video game from Disney Interactive launching on August 30 in North America. Fans received exclusive sneak peeks at upcoming Play Sets and other surprises and game announcements including:
- Co-stars John Boyega and Daisy Ridley of Star Wars™ The Force Awakens surprised guests on stage and gave away their character figures, Finn and Rey, for the upcoming Play Set based on the film.
- A new set of limited edition Light FX Star Wars™ character figures were unveiled. Available this holiday, these figures have Lightsabers™ that light up when placed onto the Disney Infinity Base. Figures include Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader from Star Wars™ Rise Against the Empire Play Set, as well as Anakin Skywalker, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars™ Twilight of the Republic Play Set and Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars™ Rebels.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition’s ultimate unlock was unveiled during the presentation. Players who unlock all of the Disney Infinity figures in the game’s Hall of Heroes will unlock the Keyblade from the SQUARE ENIX® KINGDOM HEARTS franchise.
- Guests who attended the Hall D23 presentation received a special Kingdom Hearts Mickey Costume Power Disc that unlocks a one-of-a-kind costume of King Mickey, Keyblade Master and King of Disney Castle for Disney Infinity’s Mickey Mouse character. This exclusive item will not be sold at retail.
- New details about the upcoming Disney Infinity Marvel Play Set were unveiled, including the Play Set’s name, “Marvel Battlegrounds” and that it will feature the first four-player local co-op available in-game. The Play Set will launch in Spring 2016.Fans were also given a closer look at Marvel’s Hulkbuster and Ultron characters, which will be available in November 2015. The new character trailer is now available at Marvel.com.
- Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Zootopia and Spot from Disney•Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur will be joining the all-star Disney Infinity figure lineup, and playable in the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition’s Toy Box mode. Zootopia and The Good Dinosaur themed Power Disc Packs will also be available.
- Disney announced Peter Pan, a new character figure that will be released one year from now, which was selected as part of “Toy Box Artists Choice,” an event held during this year’s Toy Box Summit.
- Additionally, Disney Infinity announced the following integrations with Walt Disney World, Disney Parks and Resorts and Disney Cruise Line®: Walt Disney World guests will be given exclusive access to the iconic “Disney Partners Statue,” a Toy Box item that can only be unlocked with Walt Disney World’s Magic Band. Starting late October, kids will be able to visit the very first Disney Infinity space featuring Toy Box elements at Disney’s Oceaneer Club on board the Disney Dream ship – a new dedicated interactive space featuring Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition game kiosks and interactive experiences. There will be in-game unlockables exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests who own an Oceaneer Band, including the Disney Dream Ship Toy. In addition, kids will be able to play custom Toy Boxes created by the Disney Infinity team and community members, such as the Castaway Cay Toy Box Environment.